From the bottom of the world

Hello,

I'm from somewhere far away.
Apparently, I live in the most remote city with a population in excess
of one million people.

Hello from Auckland, New Zealand.

I don't feel very far away from you. I think we probably have a few
things in common.
I live and breathe and work and sleep and eat and love.
I read this list email every day and I hope for a glimmer of
inspiration from others.
I struggle with depression and anxiety and stress and worry. Some days
I feel like every day is a battle.
Some days, it is a battle for me just to get out of bed.

But today feels like a good day. I told myself this morning when I
woke up that it would be a good day.
And here we are. It's a good day. The sun still shines. I chose for
today to be a good day.

You choose your path. You're the one who decides what can happen to
you and if you'll let it happen to you.
I feel like I need to remind myself of this more often.

I'll finish with a quote I liked from Ralph W. Emerson

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared
to what lies within us.


Kia Kaha,
Mike
Auckland, New Zealand / Aotearoa

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings