Maxine and the Radio

Hello. Because you are a friend I've just not met yet, I'm writing this so that we might be a little closer. In this email I will:

1. Tell you a little about what work's been like for me lately.
2. Choose and present to you some rad radio. I love NPR. I am a walking pledge drive. I am not paid by National Public Radio. They don't know who I am. So great is my love for it, though, that I'm sending the love along to all y'all. In some ways the segments I mention below are like the beginners version of radio-- Radiolab and TAL are classic NPR staples--but in other ways I feel that they represent the absolute finest in radio listening pleasure.
3. Say a couple things that need to be said.


Ready? Ronward!

1. A day of work
I just got home a little while ago. A lot of my work consists of getting on the phone and talk to people. Sometimes, on these calls, I get pissed off and the forked vein in my forehead bulges (I know this because yesterday I was on a Skype conference call, and the vein popped out when I was trying to make a point that seemed really important at the time. I should probably get my blood pressure checked.) The window in my office looks right onto a lawn; a small woods starts at the edge of it, and beyond, there's a river. Every so often, when I'm sitting at my desk, two or three deer leap out of the foliage and nibble at leaves. I take pictures of them with my camera phone. Generally, the pictures do not turn out.

2. This is NPR
Listen to THIS WHOLE SHOW: Radiolab, Season 6, Episode 2 'After Life'
Be obsessive about THESE 14 SECONDS: Radiolab's original open, particularly the part where the lady says "and this is NPR".
Experience the WEIGHT-LIFTING SNOWMAN: "We did it!", This American Life, Episode 323, Act 2, 'Super Duper'
Regularly make yourself an actual good American by listening to THIS SHOW ALL THE TIME: American Roots

3. The truth of the matter is:
Compassion and forgiveness are the most important things.
The Hunger Games trilogy had engrossing, even great stories... but they were not actually that good as books.

Listen for the win,


Max

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings