Smile!

I’d like to draw your attention to Bhutan, a unique nation bordering India and China. Although it is considered to be a developing country, I think the Bhutanese are in fact leading the rest of us in a fundamental area: Their national goal of, not Gross National Product, but rather Gross National Happiness. That’s right, it’s a real thing – an entire nation of people who collectively concern themselves with attaining happiness rather than money. Awesome.



Inspired by their ideals, I try to take time daily out of my busy Canadian life to do simple things that make me smile:

-Read the comics every morning

-Participate in the art of people-watching and delight in those who break the mold (this weekend I met a priest who rides a motorcycle!)

-Sing in the car on the way to work – LOUD – even when I’m way off key and the only thing on is Carly Rae Jepsen or One Direction.

-Smile – really smile – at strangers on the street. It’s incredible how contagious a smile can be; it’s almost always reciprocated.



So today, I ask you to do one simple thing that makes you smile. Wear your best underwear; Listen to your favourite song; Call an old friend; Bake some cupcakes; Learn a joke.



I sincerely hope I’ve given you reason to smile, or at least made you think about it. Please feel free to contact me - I’d love to hear what you did today in pursuit of happiness!



Sending you a smile,

Becky
Kingston, Canada

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings