Fear Itself

“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life." - John Lennon

"Broke the calm, strain in the back / I was born driven by fear / And I don't think I'll ever understand / But I know I'll be runnin' for years" - Heartless Bastards, "Runnin'"

"Fear begets fear. Power begets power. I willed myself to beget power. And it wasn't long before I actually wasn't afraid." - Cheryl Strayed, "Wild"


Lately I’ve been digging into some deeply rooted fears and thought patterns that were established long before I can remember. It’s been a terrifying, humbling, hilarious and enlightening process. I’d like to encourage you to notice your fears when they arise and spend some time thinking about what fears and fear mean to you.

Do your fears inspire you, challenge you or leave you feeling stuck?

Is fear something to be conquered, managed, ignored or befriended?

How does fear impact your relationships, goals and health?

Thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts.

Blessed Be,


Claire Elyse LaRoche
Brooklyn, NY

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings