Stay hungry, stay foolish

Hi! I’m a 32-year-old Karachi girl living in Dubai. I dance a lot, even though I’m terrible at it. But that’s ok, because I’d rather be bad at doing something I enjoy, than be good at doing something I hate.

I believe life is too short to spend doing things - or being with people - you don’t really like. So just focus your energy on the people and things that you love.

It’s important to work for a living, but not live for working. With the exception of the lucky few who have found a way to make money doing something they truly love and enjoy, most of us work fulltime jobs just to make ends meet, and there’s nothing wrong in admitting that. So come in to work on time and leave on time, and enjoy real life.

Contrary to what a lot of people say, money is not evil. Money is great. It gives you the freedom to do as much or as little as you want, for yourself and for others. It gives you the power to help other people. It gives you the luxury of exploring your own self. So don’t be embarrassed to admit that you love money. I sure do!

“Stay hungry, stay foolish” are four words have been quoted ad nauseam, but I believe that better advice has never been dispensed in fewer words.

I also believe that is no such thing as “The One”. The power for someone to be The One resides not in them, but in you. It can be whoever you want it to be, or it can be no one.

But once you find someone you love and who loves you back, hold on to them. Fight like mad dogs if you have to, but also kiss and make up. Because no matter how bad things get, if you have a shoulder to rest your head on and a hand to wipe your tears, you will get through it.

Love and light,


Ujala Ali Khan
Dubai, UAE

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings