Fortune and Thanks

I was selected for this on American Thanksgiving. Therefore it seems only right to use it to give thanks. I am thankful for my family and friends foremost. Thankful for their love, warmth and patience. Thankful for all the people who work to make my life enjoyable, in whatever capacity. Thankful that some people really do want to make the world a better place.

For you reading this, it’ll be a few days post-thanksgiving, and you may be in a part of the world that has no such tradition. Actually I am a Brit, currently enjoying North Carolinian hospitality (and BBQ). Hopefully you can use as a sign to give a quiet thank you to anyone in your life you think deserves it.

Thanks to the people at The Listserve for this awesome opportunity. Thanks to Mark Frauenfelder at BoingBoing for introducing me to it. Being chosen today bolsters my irrational belief in fate. In my head, I know it was random that I got selected on Thanksgiving, but in my heart I just can’t quite believe that. It seems too lucky. Kismet.

Audentes Fortuna iuvat. Hopefully she’ll favour me. Hopefully she favours all that try. I am about to try and embark on a writing career. Will I succeed? Who knows. But I am thankful people will love me whether I succeed or not and even if I fail, at least I’ll know I gave it a shot. Wish me luck.

He who dares, Rodney, he who dares...

Thanks.


Andrew Tate
Durham, NC

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings