"The red pill"

I'd like to ask you, do you know that your computer can work absolutely differently? Most of you bought your PC with a pre-installed operating system. Of course you're used to working with it. It's OK, but often people don't know about variants, don't know that other operating systems for your PC exist, too! I'd like to tell you about my experience of working on Linux. About four years ago I started using Ubuntu 12.04 as the main operating system for my laptop, and, you know, it was one of the best of my decisions! I forgot about regular actions like the cleaning of system folders to make OS work faster, checking every external storage for viruses, etc. I didn't install any special drivers, didn't look for software on the internet. After a 30 minute installation my laptop was ready to work with all necessary software. Soon I got used it and lost all my habits and tricks of managing "the most popular operating system for desktop computers."

I am happy because my computers just work! Linux is free and stable -- you can also make a lot of changes inside it -- for example, set up another desktop environment, absolutely different, and it wouldn't be a hack, it's an ability of the system.

Try Ubuntu, 12.10 for example, the latest release. It's easy to install and easy to work with!

I want you to know that there are other operating systems, other platforms. Take the red pill and leave the Matrix :)

Thanks to Linux community for this OS and @bobuk for link to the Listserve.


From Ulyanovsk, Russia
Alexander Utkin
Thanks for reading.

P.S. My command is taking a part in Olympic games for system administrators by Yandex. The website is root.yandex.ru. Wish "ulcamp::roots" good luck in the final game next Thursday. Thanks!

P.P.S Microsoft Windows and Apple MacOS are great products too. :)

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings