This year I had the privilege of volunteering at the London ...

This year I had the privilege of volunteering at the London Olympics. I took 2 weeks holiday from my regular job in order to help at Wembley Stadium, where 9 matches of the men's and women's football tournament were played. I loved meeting spectators and volunteers from all over the world and was proud to welcome visitors to my country.

I'll always remember and be inspired by the way that the Olympians embraced the competition, realised life long dreams and found years of hard work finally paying off.

You find me today as I fulfill a life long dream of my own. I make computer games for a living and this evening (December 12th), a product I've worked on is being released to the public for the first time. It's been a long road to this point; I've worked through university, broken in to the industry and suffered the heartbreak of cancelled projects. Today, I look back on it all and feel very grateful to the family that raised me, my partner who supports me every day and the friends and colleagues that I've learned so much from.

Thanks for reading, Have a great day :-)


Craig Burgess
shirotsku[AT]gmail.com
Cambridge, England

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings