Caught off guard

Hopefully this makes it into TheListserve since I am a few days late. I checked my email for the first time in 5 days to see that I had won the lottery this week. I actually hoped I'd receive the email in a few weeks because I'm currently traveling. I had hoped to learn some valuable life lessons to share with you all, but oh well.

I was in the Bolivian Salt Flats with zero internet access when I received the email. It was an incredible experience, 10,000 sq. km of salt desert. There are only 30 cm of salt separating you from 180 meters deep of (the saltiest) water. Follow that up with volcanic rocks and natural geysers, a red lagoon, and natural hot springs at an altitude of 5,000 and you have an amazing trip. And I still have 3 weeks to go making my way up from La Paz to Lake Titicaca, Arequipa, Cusco, Macchu Picchu, and ending in Lima.

This is the first time I have backpacked. It has only been a week, but it seems like a month. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for an adventure. Get out and try something new. Go somewhere you never thought about. Experience something you never dreamed of.

Shout out to my girl Giselle who got me hooked on TheListserve in the first place.


Phillip Berredo
pberredo[AT]gmail.com
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings