Laugh and the World Laughs with You

My son introduced me to Listserve recently. On being a "winner" he said keep it short and sweet. Thousands will read. Yikes!!

Here goes:

Why can children laugh 300 to 400 times in a day while adults laugh only 4- 15 times? What have we lost or misplaced?

I am at that point in my life where approaching the big six 0 has had me reorganizing priorities, possessions, people, time. It has meant the downsizing, discarding, minimizing of work and stuff. It has meant simplifying activities and relationships. It has given me more time to read, travel, and discover new things. To reconnect with friends and family. This increased quality of life, way outweighs the decrease in income.

My latest discovery is Laughter Yoga. Anyone try it or belong to a club? I was watching Wavy Gravy on PBS was fascinated by his life and personality and intrigued by Laughing Yoga. So I checked it out.

It is exhausting. It is embarrassing. It is forced. I started with 2 minutes and slowly worked myself up to 10 minutes. I have the TV on. I do it to videos on my computer, slowly learning the different techniques. At first I just felt stupid, but now I feel great!

Dr. Madan Kataria the ‘Guru of Giggling’ is correct when he says: We don't laugh because we are happy, We are happy because we laugh.

I invite you to join me in this global movement for Health, Joy & World Peace

Sandra Wetzel
swetzelconsulting[AT]gmail.com
California

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings