30th Nov Black Ribbon Day

I love Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower. A beautiful book and film adaptation featuring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson. If you haven't read/seen it I really recommend it."So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."

The 30 November each year, though not all too widely known, is known as self-harm/suicide-survivor Black Ribbon Day. If you see someone wearing a black ribbon, go up to them and give them a hug and tell them you're proud of them. Wear one if you feel you want to.

There's a lot of support out there even if you can't see it right now. I could tell you my story and it might make you feel sad. But the truth is, we've all had bad times, we've all struggled. So you don't need to know my story. But what I want you to know is that somehow, not through lack of trying otherwise this summer, I survived. I was with good people who cared about me, I saw doctors and was at hospital more than I wanted to be, and somehow despite the terrible things that I've been through, and despite how much I still hurt sometimes, I made it.

And you're loved. I don't know you, but I love you. I love that you're fighting. Even if you don't feel like you are, you must be if you're reading this.

Contact me if you'd like to talk, share a story with me, ask me things, share music, anything.

My favourite song? I have so many. My most listened to (according to iTunes) is Ludovico Einaudi's Snow Prelude No. 15. Check it out.

I never expected to win. I've only been on the listserve for a few weeks as well. It's strange how I'm not really sure what to say.


X

Rachael Elizabeth
rachaelspaniel[AT]aol.com
Ceredigion, Wales

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings