Sugar and Magic

I love to bake. It's pretty simple. Not the actual baking, that can be very difficult, just the fact that I love it. I don't find it particularly relaxing but it does make people happy and I have accomplished something tangible. I'm slowly working on learning to adjust recipes and make them my own and hope to be able to create brand new ones. My one rule/ piece of advice with baking is if the recipe calls for vanilla, always add a little bit more than it says.

If you aren't a big on making things from scratch but want something that people will love: I have made this a few times and it is well received.

Chocolate Explosion Cake from The Domestic Geek
Ingredients

Devil’s Food cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 package chocolate instant pudding
1 cup sour cream (8oz)
12 ounces chocolate chips (I bag ~ 12oz)
Dark chocolate frosting ( I jar)
Directions

Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9X13 cake pan.
Mix cake mix with eggs, water, and oil. Then mix in sour cream and lastly mix in instant pudding. Make sure there aren't any big lumps from the cake mix or pudding mix.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour mixture into greased cake pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Frost with your favorite dark chocolate frosting and enjoy, this tastes the absolute best if served warm!


That's really all I had to say. But if you want a little more here are a few things about me:

I live in Portland. It is a fantastic city. Not my favorite place on earth but certainly not the worst place I've been.

I love to travel. On my list of places to see are Thailand, Japan, Greece, and Scotland. I've already been to most of mainland western Europe, England (this is my favorite place) and Ireland. Though I do need to go again and this time bring my husband with me.

I love "nerd/geek" things. Or at least what a lot of people think falls into that category. Things like Harry Potter and Star Wars and Marvel and games made by Valve and Blizzard. I love playing Cards Against Humanity and Settlers and others. Also a huge Disney fan. I also spend a lot of my free time cross stitching or reading.


Hope I kept it fairly simple, interesting and fast. If you are also a fellow Portlander, let's trade some baking tips, start a book group or head out to geek trivia. :)


Alie
amscotto[AT]gmail.com
Portland, Oregon

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings