Everything.

"When I asked my boyfriend what I should write, he simply replied 'everything'. I thought this was an asinine suggestion, but when I pressed further, he simply shrugged and repeated it. After thinking about this for a while, I thought; what is important? What does everyone have in common in here? What should I cover? Everything. Everything that ever was and ever will be. Everything that everyone thinks, feels, sees, or hears. All of these things is but a fraction of everything that actually is. A small fraction in our corner of the universe. Everything is important is a drop in the bucket of everything, and that perhaps makes our everything special. Everything is our home, it's the place that we have, for better or worse, chosen to share..."

When I asked my boyfriend what I should write for the listserve, he wrote to me the above.I liked it so much, I decided it was a an excellent idea to share. I guess that means he's on the listserve now too.

My own thoughts about everything... It is exactly what I thought it would be. In fact, Lauryn Hill tells us, "everything is everything." And she's not wrong.

So I guess the moral of the story is kids, if life has you down, remember that everything is everything.

Unrelated, but equally important: I've been looking forward to the chance to write on the listserve and like everyone else, I didn't know what to write. I originally had this rather narcissistic beginning, until I realized just how narcissistic... Yeah, that got deleted pretty quickly.

I wish you all less trouble deciding when your time comes. I wish you all the best of luck with all that you endeavor. And most importantly, I wish for you to have strength and durability in all that you do.


Beth Halel
Eahalel[AT]gmail.com
Oakland, CA

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings