The mining law of 1876

Hi, I'm Greg, and I'm 30 living in Colorado, working part time at a ski resort. It's a great life and a good job.But my real job, my real passion is mining exploration. When they asked me what I wanted to be as a kid, I never had an answer, I guess it was because I never knew that what I would come to do was an option.

So what is the mining law 1876? It's easiest to explain with a question. If you're out on public land in the western USA, and you stumble upon a billion dollar gold vein, who owns that? The answer is the first person to stake a claim and pay your claim fees to the local county and federal government. Claims can be a max of about 20 acres, and the fees for them are only a few hundred dollars a piece.

Now growing up in Chicago, I never had a single idea this was a thing. It was only when I moved to Nevada that it was introduced to me. I was actually in the process of developing land for a music festival when the mineral rights under my feet sold for millions. And that's what piqued my interest.

Think about it this way, we only completed the teams continental railroad about 135 years ago. That's when we first crossed the West, what lies beneath those millions of square miles is just waiting to be explored.

I started exploring for minerals, particularly gold and Iron Ore in 2007. Since then, I've started two companies and made some amazing discoveries of unknown ore bodies. Hopefully within a year we'll start mining and shipping iron ore overseas to Chinese steel mills.

I'm glad I found this interesting line of work, without it I don't know what I'd have done. It's still kind of funny to me that I'm a ski bum by day, and manage million dollar mining projects on the weekends. I try not to let it get to my head, and I keep my jobs separate. no one at my ski bum job knows about my mining job, and my mining associates don't know I'm a ski bum by day. I like it that way.

Feel free to shoot me an email, I love talking about mining and exploration, and if you haven't seen it yet, check out the show "Gold rush Alaska."


Greg
Djzippoz[AT]gmail.com
Silverthorne, Co

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings