My Rock

My husband and I have been together for 12 years, we met in college, dated
for 6 years and got married 6 years ago. I often forget just how much
we've been through during that time (good and bad): the ups and downs of
college, family deaths, graduation, grad school, first jobs, not knowing
how we'll pay the bills, buying a first home, andŠbabies (!). And even
when I sit here and write this, I know there are countless things I'm
forgetting.

He's my person (anyone watch Grey's Anatamoy?). I can always count on him.
He knows me best. Basically, he's my rock.

But, at the end of the day I love him the most because he makes me laugh.
Not just giggle or chuckle. I'm talking the deepest, most uncontrollable,
eye watering belly laugh that you can possibly imagine. There's nothing
better.

So, my message is this: If you're with someone and you're not having fun
in your relationship, it's not worth it. Your "person" should be able to
bring out the best in you and be able to make you laugh uncontrollably
(and you the same to them). It's pretty simple really.

Also, listen to your kids (or just kids in general). I mean reeeeally
listen. My 2 year old points out the most obvious things that I take for
granted everyday. She's helped me see (and hear) the world around me in a
completely fresh light. Try it, you'll be amazed.

Like my advice? Don't like it? Either way, I'd love to hear from you. Or
planning a trip to Wisconsin (I know you want to!)? I'd be happy to point
you in the direction of the best places to visit, eat, lounge, canoe, etc.
:)

Oh, hey there toots!


Katie J
kjasinski[AT]hiebing.com
Madison, Wisconsin

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings