See Your Folks

I didn’t fall in love with my son immediately. Apparently, it often takes a bit longer for the Dad. It did for me – about 4 months, when he was starting to show some understanding of the fact that it was his Dad who was around.

Since then, what I struggle to understand is why having a child doesn’t seem to bring everyone closer to their own parents. I can’t understand how people don’t consider the inexplicable, natural love they feel for their child/children and relate it to how their own parents feel about them.

Go to a website called 'See Your Folks'. And wherever your parents are, make sure you see them, talk to them, cherish them and allow them to cherish you more often while they’re still here.

Cam
camlistserve[AT]gmail.com
Canberra, Australia

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings