just a moment

I've enjoyed reading everyone's messages, short and long, and in them I've found many beautiful words and inspiring thoughts.

I'll share a story.

We'd been drinking all night. We were in university, working for the student newspaper, and we drank in bars with wood paneled walls.

I walked him home; it was on my way and I was happy just to be close to him. It had to end when we reached his door.

Instead of going inside he leaned in, hugged me to him, and kissed me. His stubble burned my lips. He pulled back, and asked if it was ok; sounding almost afraid. It was.

As a boy who'd resigned himself to the idea that no boy would ever love him back that moment was a fulcrum for many changes in the way I saw and lived my life.


Best. 
Alex
Alexander.k.eady[AT]gmail.com

Ottawa, Canada

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings