Change of plans

Hello everyone. I only had one idea for this email that I thought would be any good but then I decided it was condescending and dumb. Also I found out the night I'm writing this (well, about a half hour ago) that my girlfriend of almost four years may be ending things with me very soon and I'm pretty depressed. I haven't had to deal with this before. I don't want to be alone. I wish I had made different decisions. I'm guessing I'll feel better within a few days. I hope so, because it's really raw right now.

I don't want to waste my opportunity to send out a Listserve email though, so I'll give you some of my favorite quotes.


There is only one way to achieve happiness on this terrestrial ball, and that is to have either a clear conscience or none at all. -Ogden Nash, poet (1902-1971)

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. -Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (1875-1965)

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. -William Butler Yeats, writer, Nobel laureate (1865-1939)

Most people think that shadows follow, precede, or surround beings or objects. The truth is that they also surround words, ideas, desires, deeds, impulses and memories. -Elie Wiesel, writer, Nobel laureate (b. 1928)

The high-minded man must care more for the truth than for what people think. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)

Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it. -Flannery O'Connor, writer (1925-1964)

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow. -Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900)

There comes a time in a man's life when to get where he has to -- if there are no doors or windows -- he walks through a wall. -Bernard Malamud, novelist and short-story writer (1914-1986)


Hopefully some of those are meaningful to you. Thank you for reading.


B
blistserve[AT]gmail.com
Fairfax, VA

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings