I think I am kind.

My favorite Listserve email was from Luke Neff on June 7, 2012. It was the fifth Listerve I ever got, and I loved it so much that I decided I would do something similar if I ever won the lottery. A little over two years later, here I am. Thanks for the idea, Luke. :)

---

09-04-11

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person."

…56 translations later we get:
"I think I am kind."

---

07-28-12

Comic idea

Workers are clearing a road. They start bulldozing through a hill and bones start spilling out.
“What do we do, boss?” Boss shrugs. They’re on a timetable, so they should keep going.

Later, a worker cuts into a steak. Tiny bones start spilling out.
A worker does laundry. When he lifts up a portion to put in the wash, a skull tumbles out.
A workers mows his lawn. Instead of grass clippings, bones spray out.

The road is abandoned.

---

08-16-12

Simon Says alarm clock

---

09-11-12

What actually drives happiness: relationships, unique experiences, feeling self-validated, achieving personal goals.

And again: I wonder how much our current mental state is dependent upon our ability to imagine a happy/fulfilling, realistic future?

---

11-16-12

in the future, we must pick what information to store in our brains.
love? emotions? do extra abilities take precedence over those?

---

11-28-12

12:01am
can you try? i don't know you anymore, you know. don't i try? you can.
life - is it worth living? this is what i ask myself. ask i, "what? is this living worth it? is life?"
palindromes are hard. how to? how hard are palindromes?
can you believe? what is this? this is what: believe you can!

3:31am
you swallow pills for anxious days and nights, and days, anxious for pills, swallow you (aric maddux)

3:58am
for the past couple of weeks i've been chewing my mouth raw
biting the insides until they're too sore or they bleed

i've been eating jalapeño pringles
it hurts

4:02am
am i tired? i am.

i am tired, though. will i live? i will, though tired am i.
am i tired, though? will i live? i will, though tired. i am.

---

01-04-13

what if in the future, we had to choose what cyborg we are
iHuman or Android or µHuman or whatever

---

03-05-13

I don’t want to enter that room if I don’t know how to get out

---

04-14-13

robert said
you haven't been this sad in a long time

---

10-12-13

Ideas

Tissue shirt (for comforting other crying people)
Brown sugar mochi in poop shape

---

10-18-13

Sometimes at night I get so lonely I cry. I browse the internet through my tears, searching for people who hold the same opinions I do or share stories of things I have experienced, just to feel a connection to someone.

---

11-20-13

i just ate a cronut
my life is a mess

a cronut is like 600 calories
i'm going to die
i'm dying

---

12-21-13

I’m always unsure where triangles will take me

---

05-25-14

Silly Cone Valley

Ice cream flavors:
C (chocolate)
C++ (double chocolate)
Java (coffee)
Groovy (rainbow sherbet)

---

08-02-14

robert said
i'm glad you aren't as sad as you used to be
but you're a lot less creative now

---

I love biking, ice skating, crocheting, drawing, and programming. When I was eleven, I wanted to be a pediatric oncologist. I became a software engineer. I dislike avocados. I've dealt with crushing depression. I'm passionate about accessibility, blood/bone marrow donation, hospice care, and mental health awareness.

Feel free to email me with fragments of your life. :)


Ling-Yi Kung
lingyi.kung[AT]gmail.com
San Francisco

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings