Living with a Prankster

Hey Listserve,

I'll start with a little bit about myself. I'm 25, live in Santa Monica, California, and work as an Actor/Producer/YouTuber. For those of you that live in the US or Canada, you may know my father, Howie Mandel, from shows such as Deal or No Deal and America's Got Talent. He's a comedian and I'll say I've had a very interesting childhood growing up.

I want to share a funny Joke my dad played on me when I was in 5th grade. I noticed one day that there was a slight lump on the center of my chest. My parents were worried and took me to the Doctor. After the visit the doctor told my parents that it was nothing to worry about and it was just a small harmless extra bone. My dad convinced the doctor to play a joke with him and tell me it's something else. My dad explained that what I have is a "boner." Of course being the young immature boy I was, I laughed. He explained that although it sounds funny, the word actually referenced a growth off another bone which in turn gave meaning to the derogatory term. Made sense to me. He said I probably shouldn't do Physical education at school. The next day I went to class and before we began, I raised my hand in front of the rest of the students and said "I can't do class today because I have a boner." Everyone laughed and I was sent to the office. I tried to explain its a real medical condition, but she called my mom. When she told my mom, I could hear her on the other side yell "Howie!" My dad had to make a formal apology to the school and I was completely embarrassed.

I hope you enjoyed that father son experience I went through and gave you a good laugh.

If you are interested you can follow my daily life through my daily vlog. Just search Alex Mandel Vlog on YouTube

I also have Instagram/Twitter - @AlexMandel

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Alex Mandel
asmandel[AT]gmail.com
Santa Monica, California

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings