A follow up and Burkina Faso

I didn’t know this was possible, but I won the Listserve again! I wrote to you a few months ago the “post”, if you will, entitled “Questions for you: Psychology, dance, Disney, dating (and more!)”. I got some amazing responses (that I’m still working on responding to!). I can’t believe that I got another opportunity to talk to you guys but I am very thankful for it. Most people probably skipped this part of my last email, but I was planning a trip to Burkina Faso amid a collapsing government. I did get to go and it was the most amazing experience of my life and I did not want to leave. I met the most inspiring people and I could talk about it for days (I’d love to!) but I need your help. I went because of a research grant and now I’m working on my project which is on their (failing) education system. If you have any information on the following, please email me. If I use your information in my project, I’ll cite you and send you the results:
1. The education system in Burkina Faso or French speaking Africa
2. The education system in France
3. The education system in Ghana
4. The Baccalauréat exam/system
5. Child learning/cognition
6. Successful teaching strategies in difficult classroom settings (large classes, lack of resources, etc)
7. Companies that print books in native languages (specifically Moré)
8. How to get a very smart kid from a West African country to Canada for medical school (funding, work visa, etc)
Thank you so much! Also check out Sheltering Wings, they are the organization that hosted me. If you are interested in them, visiting BF, or sponsoring a child/widow PLEASE let me know…I’d love to help you out!

Love and Lollies and Wenna Songé (God Bless),

Holly Rueger
Rueger17[AT]sbc.edu
Sweet Briar, VA

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings