hello!

Hello!

I am so very shocked and excited to be writing this Listserve email today, am honored to introduce myself to so many different people.

My name is Zoe, and I am a 22 year old student from Texas. I also have no idea what to write about in this email. When asking around, my friends gave me some very scattered and varied advice, so I hope you all do not mind a very scattered and varied essay.

I do not know what career I would like to have. I am currently torn between teaching inner city kids (research Teach for America - their mission statement is wonderful) or to become a social worker and help kids in the foster care system. Kids with issues are my passion, and I am very worried that I will not be a very good worker no matter what my profession is.

I am currently a waitress, and I suppose the most interesting things that have happened to me while working is multiple people asking me for lap dances (I work at a steakhouse), I have been told that I look like "the suicide type" (to this day I am still confused and concerned), and one elderly couple has slapped my hand when I tried to refill their drinks. When that same old couple later asked me to take a picture of their 65th anniversary dinner with their old Kodak camera, I did so, but covered the lense with my middle finger (I am still quite ashamed of my temper).

My favorite books are A Tree Grows in Brokklyn, Lonesome Dove, The Dollmaker, anything by Steinbeck, Don Quixote, and The Three Musketeers. I am also a huge fan of Pablo Neruda's poetry, and am obsessed with short stories.

As you can probably tell, I love people; I find them enchanting and endearing, with so much wisdom and love to be shared. If you are interested, I would love to read about your lives! Please feel free to email me stories about your lives, or any advice you might give to a young person struggling to live in this chaotic world, or anything that you might have on your mind. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read emails from Listserve; I respect you all so much for doing that. I hope you all have a lovely new year!

Zoe foster
zoeafoster[AT]gmail.com
Houston, Texas

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings