Time

Wow, like many of you have probably though, I never imagined I would win this and get a chance to speak my mind to the 25,000 or so people subscribed to it. Thats a .00004% chance of being picked! I'd better make it good I guess...

What I wanted to talk about was my current perspective of time. I feel like I'm at a moment in my life where time seems to be speeding up at the rate of Moore's Law. After spending 3.5 years at The University of Texas at Austin, I am about to spend my last semester of college at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. I've been waiting my whole life to travel to Australia, so I am feeling a hodgepodge of emotions right now. It could be described as a mixture of excitement, impatience, nervousness, sadness, and a tiny desire to stay at home where I know I will be comfortable. Whatever I'm feeling, I'm ready.

Within the month of returning from Australia, I will be moving to San Francisco (from Dallas, Texas) with my girlfriend and starting my first job. I think this fact is what makes it seem like time is moving in light speed. Moving in with the GF, living in a new, bustling city, starting a big boy job, taking care of my own finances. It's a lot to take in when it seems like just yesterday I met my wonderful girlfriend of 4+ years (we are high school sweethearts).

It certainly feels like a whirlwind of time right now, but I can't wait to see my personal growth (knock on wood) at the end of it.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read my little spiel (I never actually knew spiel was spelled like that till this moment). If you are a traveler, someone from Sydney, someone from San Francisco, or anyone that wants to get in touch please do email me. After a stint of using AirBnB's while traveling, I have found that I love talking to and meeting strangers!

Last note, housing in San Fran is pretty daunting.. Any tips and advice on finding a place is more than welcomed and appreciated :)


Cheers,

Jimmy
jcao1992[AT]yahoo.com
DFW airport going to Sydney, Australia

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings