How I became a tugboat captain.

“OMG I won the pressure is so and i don’t know what to 28000 people will be oh my god zoh my God” -- everybody

A quick story about my childhood - there's no advice or anything in it, I promise. I mean I think diva cups are probably a good idea too, and you should good will hunting the duck out of your carpe diem you kings of Maine, but that’s getting really boring.

This is about the biggest decision I ever had to make. I had a great job with a great company making great money and I left all that to become a “tugboat captain” This is the story of that journey...

The day before I decided to give up being a sysadmin for BuzzFeed started as one of the best days of my life. It began with a pod of dolphins and a few shrimp boats on the horizon & ended with the most amazing fireworks show in the sky. I laid on the deck of my tug staring into the heavens identifying constellations & watching shooting stars for hours.

Tonight was different. I wasn’t yet comfortable enough with my tug to fully trust it. More accurately, I wasn’t comfortable with my ability to handle her under load. Not at night. Not with wind this strong.

Tonight’s sunset was as beautiful as any I’ve ever seen, but when the stars disappeared and the wind picked up, I knew I was in for a long night. Soon the lightning appeared and the waves grew.

By 1am my motor was struggling to keep the boat pointed in the right direction. Every time a wave lifted the back of the boat, the motor would lose contact with the water and scream the most mind jarring scream you’ve ever heard. It would float in the air for what seemed like minutes before another wave would pick up the front of the boat and the motor would again find traction below the surface.when I realized that there was only one thing to do, so I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and there was a dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought "nah forget it, Yo homes for Bel-Air!" I pulled, up to a house about 7 or 8 and i yelled to the cabby "yo homes smell ya later" looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne, as the prince of Bel-Air!


Thanks for reading - Please join the Jason Derulo Fan Club (Serious Fans Only) on facebook. It's not for profit, but it's as much fun as a lemon party.


@eventi
eventi[AT]omgtmi.com
NYC by day - NJ by night

Comments

Favorites

This is a puzzle.

21,612 is a lot

Tiny wings